Monday, May 11, 2009

Stops 4 & 5 Trail Wood

Trail Wood #106 Earl Plato

We continue on with Teale’s Stops 4&5

“ Stop 4. Out in the meadow I look up. High above two red-shouldered hawks spin in an updraft. Just as I gt my glasses focused on obe of the soaring birds, it sweeps back its wings, tilts steeply downward and like an arrowhead it streaks in a long plunge toward the earth. I follow it down and down. I see it near the ground, open its wings, check its descent and begin climbing upward again. A hawk sporting in the air of spring.
Stop 5. Another hawk one of the broad-wings goes beating across the field low above me. Looking up again through the round, magnifying windows of mt binoculars I see it as it passes by give a little flutter to its tail as though it had been bitten by a parasite.”
Next: Stops 6 & 7.

No comments: