Thursday, October 23, 2008

Back Tracking

Keep tracking, eh! Earl Plato
This is a look back again. “Hurt my foot. X-rayed it. Not broken so out to Marcy Woods we go. Not alone Plato take a friend on this winter day. This is the kind of a winter that I remember as a youth. Snow and more snow.
I admire skiers. To down hill ski again is out of the question. “Bobby Orr” knees for me. Actually I liked cross-country skiing in earlier days. Had a call from an old friend. He called from Fort Plain, New York to apologize that he had missed us on our family camping trip out West. When? 30 years ago! I recalled my back field cross-country skiing to his place as a youth. His mother would make a mug of steaming hot chocolate and give me a plate of homemade cookies. I still can picture those times. Just one of the benefits of skiing.
Try cross-country skiing this winter. It’s not too hard on the knees and it’s a chance to enjoy the outdoors. I used to follow the tracks of rabbits until they disappeared into a bush or woods. It’s track time this winter. However, I would advise you not to follow the large paw tracks of a certain cat, especially in Fort Erie. Bobcat. Lynx or mountain lion?” Here in 2008 it’s been reported again in the Stevensville area.

No comments: